Sunday 2 September 2007

Police and social services

Throughout all of this complete episode that has now been going on for nine months I have to bring to out how I now feel about the police and social services, the institutions that are supposed to be in place to look after and protect you, I have found to be totally bias and a complete waste of time.

Drunk at 1.30 in the morning
You see my ex wife came around to my house at 1.30am, with my eldest daughter in the car, so to try and paint a better picture I will start…..

It was just a usual night really, the same routine, until around 1.30am in the morning, we were awoken with what seemed like a banging and a knocking at the door, you know how it is when you have just woken up, or been woken up, it takes you a moment or to gather your thoughts and ‘wake up’. Well I went down stairs to look out the front window and there was my ex-wife kicking well booting really the front door, yelling and screaming for me to open the door because she wanted to ‘talk’ yeah right, like I was gonna open the door and talk to her in that frame of mind, I have learned my lesson from the last time, it ended up with my getting arrested and her getting off Scott free, hmm, I see a pattern forming here, it the one where she causes all the s**t and I get the blame!

Anyway, after calling the police on 999, because neither me or my partner would answer the door, and to be fair to the police they did respond very quickly, this is where my perspective or view on the police started to change in the way that all this incident was handled, yes I know that police have a difficult job but the way all of this was handled and, to this date, the lack of anything happening really has made me feel differently about the police, and to a greater degree the social services of this country.

As the police tried to get my ex to move away and to go home, remember it was now around 2.00am in the morning, the eye opener in the fact that my ex can tell the police to “Get the F**k away from me”, “leave me the F**k alone”, “who the hell do you think you are F**king talking to”, and not even get a telling off for makes you wonder what would have happened if I had opened the door and a verbal slagging match would have taken place, I feel I would have been arrested again and in some way it would have been my fault, but that it just my opinion.

My partner at this point was fantastic, keeping my calm and talking to the police, I even got to have a chat with my daughter, the whole reason my ex was supposed to have come round, and when I did sit down with my daughter on the wall outside my house, with a police officer present, my daughter did not have a word to say to me, apart from bad language, hmm, sounds like her mom, but that’s for later on.

Anyway after what seemed like an age my ex finally got in to her car and the police came to talk to me and my partner where is was brought up that they thought my ex had been drinking, so my partner asked if something should be done about that, Oh both the police officers said, I thought we could smell alcohol! Amazingly they had not even called the traffic police at this point, it had to be pointed out that perhaps they should call the traffic police and maybe, just maybe she was driving while under the influence with a minor in the car!

The drive away
Anyway, as the police set in the car waiting for my ex to drive off, before she did she got back out the car, and tried to knock back on my door, she was moved away yet again by both the police officers, giving them both a mouth full of abuse as before. She then drove off, now remember that my daughter is in the car with her, anyway she subsequently gets arrested and taken to the station on suspicion of drink driving, over the next few weeks I do try to confirm if she has been banned but I do not get anywhere, even talking to social services it a complete waste of time, you would think that more would be done about someone drink driving with children in the car, seems you have to either kill a child or do really bad things before they even “bat an eye lid”, as you can guess my calls to them fell on deaf ears, all I wanted to do was make sure my children were ok they never did......

1 comment:

Queen Vixen said...

Wow! what a crap situation. Must be such an incredibly scary thing to deal with. Both the incident and the implications of it. I do agree - people that behave in an antisocial way seem to receive leniancy above and beyond, yet your honest citizen gets a £60 speeding fine slapped on them for going through a speed camera 7 miles an hour over the speed limit. MMMm not that I am bitter but it says a lot about motivations.