Monday 20 August 2007

End of December

With the way things had been for me over the past few months it was nice to finally have some time off work and with Christmas coming up I thought it would be nice to just spend some time with my children. I have never really been a big fan of Christmas, to commercial, but I still think it is a time for family and just spending time together so with that in mind and a credit card I had not used for a while, see I am learning, I went and brought my children their presents, nothing to expensive but enough to see them excited.

Winter + Bike = Cold
Now I know that buying my son a bike would mean me standing in the freezing cold teaching him to ride with no stabilisers but the look on his face was one to remember so the frost bite and red nose was worth it!!!

During this silly season is where I met my new partner, I was out for a drink with my best friend and one of his friends. We started out by going to a local pub by where I live but the atmosphere was poor and we decided to move on.

Next bad choice - the pub I mean
Strange how fate can take you to a place you didn’t even think you were going to, we decided to go closer to the city for a few more drinks but the same poor atmosphere and the lack of people made us move on yet again. We ended up in a pub with a late licence, the music was good, well if you like dance, R ‘n’ B etc. And there she was, someone whom I knew to say hello to, but until now I thought she was married and happy.

Free drink, well I drank it!
We started chatting, you know the usual, how are the children, who you with, can I have your number, even if it’s the wrong one… You know the way it goes when you have to shout your words. I did manage to get a free drink, it was ordered for someone else but she said I could have it anyway, honest! Hmm, come to think of it, no wonder my partners best friend does not talk to me, could that have been her drink that I drank at the bar? Hmm…….

So my end of December start of January started off really well, I had spent time with my children, and I had the number, oh and address of a really, smart, sexy lady, things are looking up I thought, could my life really be turning around…..

No comments: